Oct 17, 2018-Dine and Dial Financial Educational Call for Survivors
Financial “Dine and Dial” (1-218-844-1930 access code 7681905#); Oct 17th 7:00 PM Central
Facilitated by Mark Dunlop, CFP, Survivor Outreach Financial Counselor, Fort Leonard Wood: 573-596-0153; mark.j.dunlop2.civ @mail.mil
- Who: Military Survivors and friends are invited to dial into the next quarterly Financial “Dine and Dial” call.
- What: This quarterly call in program provides a forum for Military Survivors and friends to ask questions on education tools to better understand identity theft minimization, saving and investing, estate planning considerations, tax issues, insurance, potential financial resources and budgeting concerns in creating financial success. This call will have an emphasis on taxes, camps, and scholarships.
- Where: The Call number is (1-218-844-1930 access code 7681905#); the call originates from Ft. Leonard Wood Survivor Outreach Services. (*6 mutes or unmutes the call) and is a joint venture between the financial counselors from the Ft. Leonard Wood SOS program, Ft. Riley’s SOS Program and Ft. Leavenworth’s SOS Program.
- When: Wednesday, Oct 17th, 2018 7:00 pm Central
- Why: Many Survivors have asked for assisting in navigation of potential resources including how to better grasp potential projected positive cash flow opportunities and estate planning techniques.
The Oct call will specifically focus on the new OPM Dental/Vision Tricare offerings https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/dental-vision and will be led by Joseph Montoya (firstname.lastname@example.org , office 715-824-2940 ) of Delta Dental of California who will discuss the open enrollment that is Nov 12, 2018 to December 10, 2018.
The call will also have an expanded presentation on filling out the 2019-2020 FAFSA https://fafsa.ed.gov/ which is on line starting 10/1/2018. (The FAFSA is important for those looking to attend college prior to 08/2020.)
Note: Some of the specifics will be based on Missouri/Illinois/Wisconsin /Michigan/Kansas/Iowa, Nebraska issues as this conference call originates from the Garrison of Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, but the concepts are non-state specific.